CCM Axis 2 Pro Senior Goalie Chest & Arm Protector
Chest Protector Style – Blocking Style
The ultimate piece of armor built for maximum protection and coverage. The Axis 2 Pro Chest Protector gives you the ability to step boldly into the line of fire while allowing you to move swiftly to protect your crease from every angle.
CCM Axis 2 Pro Senior Goalie Chest & Arm Protector Features:
- Model Year: 2022
- Chest Area: Venti-Tech D30 Core Shield – Ventilated comfort foam combined with the elite protection of D3O foams.
- Sternum & Clavicle Area: Molded 3DO foams provide maximum impact absorption in the sternum area.
- Shoulder Floaters: Molded HD foams with a square profile for optimal size and protection.
- Elbow Caps: Independently adjustable elbow protector which is fully adjustable and more mobile than past generations.
- Rib Area: Multi-segmented molded foams with extended wrap.
- Chest Area: Multi segmented HD/LD foams optimize protection while allowing the goalie to move.
- Bicep & Upper Arm: Molded square design with HS foam which maximizes size and protection.
- Shoulder Cap: Compression molded HD foams for optimum protection.
- Body: Adptflex design which is a reactionary built for better flex and protection.
- Small – 18in. Chest | 18in. Arms
- Medium – 19in. Chest. | 19in. Arms
- Large – 20in. Chest | 20in. Arms
- XLarge – 21in. Chest | 21in. Arms
Athletic Style (Hybrid) Vs. Blocking Style (Coverage) Chest Protectors
There are two basic designs in the goalie market in regards to chest protectors. These are based on the two types of styles that goalies play – hybrid and coverage. The hybrid goalie needs a more athletic style chest protector that allows him/her to move freely and maximize their agility. These units contour around the body with little to no gaps. The shoulder floaters are also smaller and form around the goalie in a more natural manner. Arms and elbow guards move freely and do not bind up, allowing for maximum mobility. The big upside to having an athletic style chest protector is the movement and freedom these provide. The downside to the athletic style chest is a decrease in size and materials. Now we are not saying they are not protective because most chest protectors are built to a very high standard and are have great protection qualities. However to make something move better you have to take something away and by doing this there will obviously be less material. We can say honestly that athletic chest protectors are extremely protective and the added materials in the blocking style are more about taking up space then adding protection.