CCM Axis A2.9 Intermediate Goalie Catch Glove – Special Edition
New for 2022 is a redesigned Axis 2.9 goalie catch glove. CCM was thinking outside the box when they built this glove. Starting with break angle, the Axis 2.9 has a new 591 break closure. This glove is based on the 590 / 60 degree break angle that has been the benchmark of CCM goalie gloves going back to the Koho, RBK and Reebok eras. However, the 591 has a redesigned closure that allows the Axis A2.9 glove to open and close with greater ease then past generations. The new 591 break also allows the glove to open wider then past generations which takes up more blocking area and allows the goalie to be “bigger” in glove coverage of the net. The cuff of the Axis A2.9 catch glove will use LiteCore in the cuff and thumb which is the lightest cuff and thumb CCM has ever produced.
Now to a few things goalies are going to immediately notice with Axis A2.9 catch glove. Gone are the traditional finger stalls. Now the inside finger area is one open piece with the Suregrip material on the inside. This allows the goalies fingers to get maximum grip while closing the glove. Although a bit odd at first, you can really feel how having this design allows you to have grip on every part of each finger. CCM also designed the back wrist area with the Cross Foam Strapping system. Unlike a tradition strap the runs across the back of the wrist, The Cross Foam Strap has three anchor points along the back cuff/wrist area which allows this strap to be worn very tight with extreme comfort.
The palm area will continue to use the layered foam design that has been proven to be extremely protective. The inside palm will continue to use the Suregrip material. The Suregrip is extremely popular as it allows the goalie to have complete control internally in the glove no matter how wet it may become.
Special Edition Skate Lace Pocket: Goalies Plus has replaced the traditional nylon cord on the sides of the pocket with skate lace. We feel that this gives the glove a softer pocket and therefore helps minimize pop outs out of the glove.
Special Edition Unique Custom Colors:
- Red W/ Black
- Royal Blue, Black & White
- Vegas Gold, Black & White
- White, Navy Blue & Red
- All Black
- Black, Orange & White
- All White
CCM Axis A2.9 Goalie Catch Glove Features:
- Model Year: 2022
- Cuff/Thumb – Litecore construction. One-piece to maximize coverage
- Break angle – 591 is based off the 590 angle and shape but redesigned for enhanced closure, feel and responsiveness.
- Palm Stiffness – Game-ready fit with layered felt and foam for puck absorption.
- Strapping – Cross Form Strap secures the back of the hand at multiple attachment points for greater responsiveness while allowing for greater wrist mobility.
- Finger Area – Form fit design for customized feel.
- Pocket – Double straight-tee with skate lace.
- Cuff – Flexmotion 2 Design has strategic flex points and layered protection for greater range of motion.
- Back Hand Guard – HD Flexmotion 2 Backhand has a tri-flex design with strong impact protection along with excellent mobility.
- Palm & Liner – Suregrip palm has the comfort, feel and responsiveness that goalies are looking for.
- Regular – Glove goes on the left hand.
- Full Right – Glove goes on the right hand.
CCM E-Flex Glove Vs. CCM Axis Glove
CCM has two lines of goalie gear, the E-Flex II and the Axis series. Each line is made for a particular style goalie. The E-Flex line is built for the hybrid style goalie who prefers to use many different save techniques and also likes to have more mobility while playing. The E-Flex glove is built with a deep thumb angle which helps direct the puck into the pocket. This glove also uses a 600 break angle which is a break that comes straight through the middle of the hand. The CCM Axis series is built for the coverage style goalie who plays big and likes to use the butterfly technique as their preferred save technique. This goalie is always trying to maximize space and size and their goalie gear. The Axis catch glove has a shallow thumb angle which creates more surface area. The Axis glove also uses a 590 break angle which is a break that is closer to the goalies fingers. Both gloves use a one piece cuff construction and both gloves use the same materials. Depending on your style and needs will determine which CCM goalie glove is right for you.