CCM Extreme Flex 5 Pro Senior Goalie Chest & Arm Protector
The new CCM Extreme Flex Shield 5 Pro Senior Goalie Chest Protector is an excellent choice for elite level protection with mobility. The Extreme Flex Shield 5 Chest Protector features a Max Fit design which is a dual segmented design that allows goalies to perform dynamic movements that require an unconstrained range of motion without creating gaps in protection. The Extreme Flex Shield 5 will continue to use CCM’s most advanced and protective foam called D30 in the major impact areas. The D3O foam has been proven to provide pro level protection over the years. With D30 in the sternum, goalies can play at the top of their game with the confidence of a high performing chest protector. D30 foam isn’t only great for shot absorption, it’s excellent for rebound control.
At Goalies Plus we have noticed that the Extreme Flex 5 seems to have a better overall fit then previous generations. In the past we heard quite a bit of complaints of the fit in the upper arm and armpit areas. These issues seem to have been eliminated on the new Extreme Flex 5 providing the goalie better overall comfort and performance.
Other features that makes the CCM Extreme Flex Shield 5 Chest Protector attractive is the numerous amount of adjustable features available. The Extreme Flex 5 uses independently adjustable elbow protectors, quick release Velcro shoulder wings and removal rib protectors. With this chest protector, you can customize your comfort that best fits your play style!
Chest Protector Style – Athletic Hybrid Style
CCM Extreme Flex 5 Pro Senior Goalie Chest & Arm Protector Features:
- Model Year: 2021
- Max Flex Fit: Built for ultimate mobility.
- Sternum Area: Molded 3DO foams provide maximum impact absorption in the sternum area.
- Shoulder Floaters: Quick release velcro adjustment for individual customization.
- Elbow Caps: Each cap is independantly adjustable for increased fit and mobility.
- Rib Area: Dual layer ventilated protection which has been extended for maximum protection. Breathable and removable liner.
- Chest Area: Multi segmented HD/LD foams optimize protection while allowing the goalie to move.
- Bicep & Upper Arm: Compression molded HD zote foams provide excellent protection and mobility.
- Shoulder Cap: Compression molded HD foams for optimum protection.
- Back & Spine: Ventilated and segmented coverage that is breathable and mobile.
- Small – 18in. Chest | 18in. Arms
- Medium – 19in. Chest. | 19in. Arms
- Large – 20in. Chest | 20in. Arms
- XLarge – 21in. Chest | 21in. Arms
Athletic Style (Hybrid) Vs. Blocking Style (Coverage) Chest Protectors
There are two basic designs in the goalie market in regards to chest protectors. These are based on the two types of styles that goalies play – hybrid and coverage. The hybrid goalie needs a more athletic style chest protector that allows him/her to move freely and maximize their agility. These units contour around the body with little to no gaps. The shoulder floaters are also smaller and form around the goalie in a more natural manner. Arms and elbow guards move freely and do not bind up, allowing for maximum mobility. The big upside to having an athletic style chest protector is the movement and freedom these provide. The downside to the athletic style chest is a decrease in size and materials. Now we are not saying they are not protective because most chest protectors are built to a very high standard and are have great protection qualities. However to make something move better you have to take something away and by doing this there will obviously be less material. We can say honestly that athletic chest protectors are extremely protective and the added materials in the blocking style are more about taking up space then adding protection.