Now available at Goalies Plus are combo discounts on CCM gear. Purchase a pad, blocker & glove and save 10% on your order!
CCM Extreme Flex E4.5 Junior Goalie Leg Pads
New for 2019 is the CCM Extreme Flex 3.5 Junior goalie leg pads. There are some very noticeable differences in the new CCM Extreme Flex 4.5 compared to past generations. The most noticeable difference in the new Extreme Flex 4.5 Goalie pads vs. the 2017 Extreme Flex 3.5 is weight. The 2019 version comes in at 20% lighter. This is because of the new DualLiteCore. This core is very similar to the 2018 Premier Litecore in weight but they do have performance differences. The main performance difference is the DualLiteCore has a torsional flex foam in the upper part of the pad (from the bottom of the knee up) which allows the pad to have more lateral flex. This lateral flex allows the pad to move more independently with the goalie and helps eliminate the feeling of the pad being to stiff or binding the goalie up. This type of pad is generally preferred by hybrid style goalies. One thing we noticed with the new DualLiteCore vs. the older core in the 2017 series was elimination of the need for a double break. In the 2017 generation of the Extreme Flex 3 pads, we offered a double break version because the double break allowed for more flex in the pad from the bottom of knee and up. With the new DualLiteCore, the flex is built into the pad and therefore eliminates the need for that double break.
Another noticeable new feature of the Extreme Flex 4.5 vs. past generations is the strapping systems. The 2019 Extreme Flex series has gone to all elastic strapping in the knee and calf areas. This elastic strapping allows the pad to be worn tighter on the goalies leg while allowing the pad to rotate properly when the goalie goes into the butterfly position. Goalies like the tighter feel while adding performance value, it also makes putting the pads on and taking them off very fast and easy. The elimination of the leather straps also helps reduce the overall weight of the pads.
Also new for 2019 is a new toe tie bungee system. For years manufactures like CCM have used a skate lace to connect the toe of the pad to the toe of the skate. In recent years, after market bungee toe tie products have become very popular because they allow the toe of the pad to stretch from the toe of the skate with an elastic type effect. This stretching and recoiling improves the recovery process of a goalie but also takes pressure off the goalies ankles, knees and hips because it eliminates the quick stop and jerk process that skate lace has when it runs out of slack.
The CCM Extreme Flex series is made for the “hybrid” or athletic style goalie. Goalies that want movement and flexibility choose this style of pad. The CCM Extreme Flex E4.5 Junior Goalie Leg Pads are recommended for Rec thru AAA hockey levels.
CCM Extreme Flex E4.5 Junior Goalie Leg Pad Features:
- Model Year: 2019
- Outer Flex – Single break for maximum coverage.
- Inner Flex – Pre-curved with single break in the core. Creates the classic s-shape for optimum five hole coverage.
- Boot Angle – 90 Degree angle creates flexibility for power pushes.
- Boot Channel – Deep Ultra Soft for comfort and increased pad rotation.
- Leg Channel / Calf Strap Option – Tight fit with no calf strap. Lightweight setup with an optimized QMSS at calf for a quick response.
- Knee Strap Option – No strap – 2″ elastic knee for a custom fit.
- Knee Cradle – Recessed foam with removable knee cradle wrap. Deeper knee cradle to help close the 5-hole quicker!
- Knee Raiser – Nylon / PE foam helps to seal the pad to the ice
- Core – Dualite CoreTtechnology – Lightweight goal pad featuring dual flex profile design for quicker transition into the butterly position.
CCM Extreme Flex E4.5 Junior Goalie Catch Glove
The ultimate combination of play-ability and feel, the new CCM Extreme Flex E4.5 Junior Goalie Catch Glove is meticulously engineered and handcrafted for an immediate game-ready feel. The EFlex 4.5 Junior Goalie glove also features a one piece cuff and thumb for maximum coverage, 600 break angle which nicely fits the middle of the hand, a game ready fit, webbing wrist strap for on-the-fly adjustment, double straight tee pocket, low density padding for finger protection, injection molded PE and PE foam in the cuff and thumb for impact absorption, felt and foam inner palm with a easy break in game ready flex and nash material quick release finger stalls.
CCM Extreme Flex E4.5 Junior Goalie Catch Glove Features
- One piece cuff and thumb for maximum coverage
- 600 break angle, middle of hand closure
- Game ready fit, easy break-in period
- Webbing wrist strap for easy adjustment
- Double straight tee pocket
- Low density padding finger protection
- Injection molded PE and PE foam in the cuff and thumb
- Felt and foam inner palm with game ready flex
- Nash, quick release finger stalls
- Regular Hand – Glove goes on the left hand
- Full Right – Glove goes on the right hand
CCM Extreme Flex E4.5 Junior Goalie Blocker
The new CCM Extreme Flex E4.5 Junior Goalie Blocker transfers puck energy to propel it to the corner and has a balanced lightweight design to control rebounds. The E4.5 Junior Blocker features a binding-less front face for increased durability and control, center palm position for better balance, nash palm for a better comfort and feel, reinforced palm guard for additional durability, ventilated mesh palm gusset for breath-ability, low density foam wrap for increased finger protection and a laminated dual density foam with PE board for superior rebound control.
CCM Extreme Flex E4.5 Junior Goalie Blocker Features
- Molded, lock thumb protection
- Low density foam wrap for better finger protection
- Laminated dual density foal with PE board for good rebound control
- Segmented, adjustable cuff for increased range of motion
- Binding-less front face for complete coverage
- Center palm positioning provides optimum balance point
- Nash palm material for a great comfort and feel
- Ventilated mesh for additional breath-ability
- Regular – Blocker goes on the right hand
- Full Right – Blocker goes on the left hand