CCM Premier P2.5 Junior Goalie Equipment Combo
CCM Premier P2.5 Junior Goalie Leg Pads
New for 2018 is the CCM Premier P2.5 Goalie Leg Pads. CCM Has made a lot of new changes for the 2018 Premier line. The first major difference is the weight, although the Premier line has always been well received, it was very heavy by todays standards. CCM has decreased the weight of the Premier line by more the 20% and now this series went from being one of the heaviest to one of the lightest pads on the goalie market today. CCM has also softened the boot on the Premier line which does help the goalie transition from the butterfly technique to the recovery position. The new Premier P2.5 pads has changed to a quick strapping system which allows the goalie to get dressed and undressed very quickly. The quick strap system is made of elastic straps which allow the pads to be worn tighter the goalies leg without losing rotation. With the traditional leather straps of previous generations, the straps need to be worn loose to allow the pad to rotate properly when the goalie went into the butterfly technique. With the new elastic strap system, the pads can be worn tighter and still accomplish the same desired effect. Another new feature for 2018 is one break on the vertical roll, this gives the pad a bit more flex then the previous generation but still keeps the thigh rise stiff and strong – which is need for wider butterfly style goalie. The Premier pads were built to maximize coverage and one break is the most you would want on this style pad. If you need a double break pad, then please look to the E-Flex line – if your butterfly is not wide enough to maximize coverage, then a maximum coverage pad is probably not for you.
For 2018, CCM has made large gains in making their junior goalie equipment more functional for young goalies. In regards to the P2.5 goalie leg pads, CCM continues to make these more proportionate to the young goalies size. In the past, CCM/Reebok Premier junior goalie pads were very wide and it made it difficult for a young goalie to move. Even though these are a maximum coverage style goalie pad, the goalie still must move in a unrestricted manner. The new Premier P2.5 are finally a great width for a young goalie and we feel that the movement will be much better then the previous generations of Premier junior pads.
The CCM Premier line is made for the “butterfly” of blocking style goalie. Goalies that give up some movement in order to create more coverage are the types of goalies that choose this style of pads.
CCM Premier P2.5 Junior Goalie Leg Pads Features:
- Outer Flex – Single break for maximum coverage.
- Inner Flex – Pre-curved with no break core for enhanced 5-hole closure.
- Boot Angle – 60 degree angle to help direct pucks into the corner or boards.
- Boot Channel – Shallow and soft for a faster transition into butterfly.
- Leg Channel / Calf Strap Option – Loose fit without a calf strap. Lightweight setup with an optimized QMSS at calf for a quick response.
- Knee Strap Option – No strap – 2″ elastic knee for a custom fit.
- Senior Knee Cradle – Recessed foam with a removable knee cradle wrap (senior only). Soft foam without an outer knee wrap (junior only). Deeper knee cradle for enhanced 5-hole closure.
- Knee Raiser – 3D Grip/PE foam (senior only) and Nylon/PE foam (junior only). Helps seal the pad to the ice.
- Core – L1TECORE technology to help structural integrity. Offers powerful rebound control.
CCM Premier P2.5 Junior Goalie Catch Glove
For 2018, CCM has decided to add some new features to the ultra popular Premier goalie catch glove. Starting with the traditional features, the CCM Premier P2.5 glove keeps its traditional 60 degree break. This break goes back the mid 2000’s starting with Koho 590 model, then transitioning to the RBK Premiers, then on to the Reebok Premiers and now into the CCM Premiers. This P2.5 still uses the one piece cuff that has been used for the past four generations of Premier gloves. The one piece cuff maximizes the surface area of the glove and is perfect for the blocking style or butterfly style goalie. As for the changes to the new Premier P2.5 glove, the most obvious and visual is the change to a double t pocket with a u shape design at the base. The double t pocket creates a softer feel then the traditional singe t pocket of the previous generations. The u shape base of the double t allows the glove to break in much easier then in the past. The inside of the new Premier glove is almost identical as the past generations with one exception. CCM added a Velcro strap across the back of the hand that allows the glove to be worn tighter then in the past. The CCM Premier P2.5 comes standard with a game ready palm construction.
CCM Premier P2.5 Goalie Catch Glove Features:
- Cuff/Thumb – One-piece to maximize coverage
- Break angle – 590 – closer to the thumb’s break angle.
- Palm Stiffness – Game-ready fit with an easy break-in process.
- Hand Adjustment – Webbing strap through the cuff for a quick easy adjustment.
- Pocket – Double straight-tee to help track the puck with ease.
- Finger guard – Low density finger padding for increased protection.
- Cuff/Thumb composition – Injection molded PE foam for enhanced impact absorption.
- Finger stalls – Nash material for a quick release.
CCM Premier P2.5 Junior Goalie Blocker
New for 2018 is the all new designed CCM Premier P2.5 goalie blocker. The CCM Premier series has been extremely popular over the years and the designers at CCM have incorporated new and up to date features on the traditional Premier base. The first thing and probably most important feature goalies will notice is the weight difference. The blocker board from the older generations has been replaced with a much lighter version for 2018. There is almost a 25% weight reduction in the Premier P2.5 from the previous Premier model.. This weight reduction is huge because a goalie is naturally off balance because one side of their body has a glove and the other side has a blocker and stick. Trying to get the cross weight ratio as close to even is extremely important to allow the goalie a true center of gravity which in turn creates a more true balance for the goalie.
Also new for 2018 is the one piece cuff in the wrist area. The one piece cuff wraps the around the goalies entire wrist and gives the blocker a more secure fit – which allows for more overall control, The index finger of this blocker has also been redesigned. The new finger protection is very similar to the past designs, however it now has more curve to it which allows for more grip and increases control. Another new feature is the addition of the bindingless sidewall. The face of the past Premier blockers have been bindingless but not the side wall, now in 2018 the P2.5 blocker has a bindingless face and sidewall. If nothing else, it will make it easier to clean your blocker. The Premier P2.9 blocker still uses the Suregrip palm from the past, this material has been known for having great control while making saves and also great for stick handling. CCM has also kept the traditional center position on the Premier P2.5 blocker.
CCM Premier P2.5 Junior Goalie Blocker Features:
- Front Face: Binding less for increased durability
- Cuff: Anatomical and adjustable cuff for freedom of movement.
- Palm Position: Centered palm position helps with the overall balance of the blocking board
- Palm: Nash material for an optimized feel.
- Palm Guard: Reinforced hand for added durability
- Palm Gusset: Ventilated mesh maximizes air-flow to promote freshness
- Lock Thumb Protector: Molded thumb for enhanced protection.
- Finger protectors: Low density foam wrap for added protection.
- Blocking board: Laminated dual density foam with PE.