The Fusion Kevlar MMX Goalie Mask is a pro level mask. Recommended 5 to 7 uses per week.
Fusion Kevlar MMX Goalie Mask
Goalies Plus is the exclusive U.S. retailer for Fusion Goalie Masks. Fusion masks provide you with an NHL quality mask at mid-level pricing. Fusion masks are 100% Canadian made. For years, Fusion masks created many models that are being independently sold under different names in the goalie market. Despite the branding, Fusion manufactured the masks. Fusion stepped out from behind the curtain to offer the same pro level mask without the “brand name” price tag.
The Fusion Kevlar MMX Goalie Mask features a full Kevlar shell with double Kevlar chin and forehead. The MMX consists of the same materials used in the popular Fusion 0961 mask. The only difference between the MMX and the 0961 exists in the cage and the shell size.
As of 2016, the Fusion MMX will use cages that are interchangeable with Bauer NME cages. Note that the shell size of the MMX measures to what most would consider a size small. By comparison, the Fusion 0961 masks start at a size medium. In addition, the cheek area in the MMX narrows slightly more than the 0961. The head size for a MMX mask fits 20.5 to 21.75 inches around the hat line.
Fusion Kevlar MMX Goalie Mask Features
- 100% made in Canada
- Hand laminated fiberglass with carbon and Kevlar covering the entire inside of the mask in separate layers
- Extra re-enforcement in high impact areas like the forehead, and chin
- Canadian made stainless steel cage
- Lined with a dual density vinyl nitrille foam
- Adjustable 1 inch elastic straps
- Pro back plate which is fully adjustable
- Forehead Coolmax/Terri cloth sweat band
- Weight 2.75lbs
- Protective carrying bag
- Fits 20.5 to 21.75in. head circumference