Mask Marvel Outlaw 2.0 Pro Goalie Mask
Looking to buy a NHL quality mask without breaking the bank? The Masked Marvel Outlaw 2.0 goalie mask is a pro level mask for hundreds less then other high end goalie masks. Masked Marvel goalie masks are made in North America and built to the highest standards. The Outlaw 2.0 is a full kevlar shell with extra kevlar reinforcement in the high impact areas – chin, forehead and ear areas. Kevlar can be a difficult material to work with, but if done correctly – it provides excellent rigidity and impact absorption. Masked Marvel was able to find a proprietary resin that bonds all the kevlar and composite materials together to create an extremely high quality shell. The Outlaw 2.0 also adds a layer of carbon fiber to the inside of the shell.
Each Masked Marvel Goalie Helmet is handcrafted in North America using superior materials to give you the fit, feel and protection you deserve at a price you can afford.
Masked Marvel products are warranted to be free of defects in material for 1 year from date of purchase. Warranty does not include surface damage (scuffs, scratches or chips in paint or dented wire face masks)
Custom colors shells and custom color cages are available on the Outlaw 2.0 model for special order. Please call 1-800-599-2440 X2 for prices and delivery times.
The Masked Marvel Outlaw 2.0 Goalie Mask is a high level composite senior goalie mask mask. Recommended for 5 to 7 uses per week.
Mask Marvel Outlaw 2.0 Pro Goalie Mask Features:
- Hand laid woven fiberglass shell with an integrated full layer of Kevlar throughout with additional reinforcements placed in the high impact areas of the forehead, chin and ears
- Fully assembled weight of the Assault goalie mask model is 3.0 LBS
- Smooth carbon fiber finish on interior of shell
- Several cage styles to select from:
- Stainless steel amateur cage
- Stainless steel pro cat eye cages: straight center bar or center bar with a bump
- Stainless steel cage clips and hardware screws
- Duel density tan vinyl nitrile hypo allergenic foam for fit and comfort
- Black terry cloth sweatband
- 1″ adjustable black elastic straps
- Get your cage, cage screws and cage clips powder coated to a specific color for a $50.00 up charge
- Mask bag included
- The Outlaw 2.0 fits (+ or -) 22 1/4″ – 24″
- Masked Marvel products are warranted to be free of defects in material for 1 year from date of purchase. Warranty does not include surface damage (scuffs, scratches or chips in paint or dented wire face masks)
- Custom colored shells and cages are available to order for an extra $ 50.00
Goalie Mask Construction
Goalies Plus is very particular about the kind of masks we sell, we feel there are good masks on the market today and unsafe masks on the market today. Our pro level masks and high mid-level masks are all glass lay-up shells with either carbon or kevlar reinforcement. These types of masks are very rigid, when a shot hits the goalies mask – the mask is solid enough to deflect about 90 to 95 percent shots away from the head without any or minimal shell flex. What this means is the mask shell will not flex towards the goalies head under impact. Under extreme impact, the mask will actually start to crack and disperse the shock away from the goalies head. This dispersion keeps the mask from flexing in towards the goalies head. The glass lay-up masks are also very rigid so if you try to squeeze the mask at the ears, it will have very minimal flex. This is very important if a larger player falls on the goalie. The rigidness of the mask helps minimize the risk of a compression concussion. These types of masks start in the price range of $ 350.00 and go up from there based on features. We feel that this is a very sound investment for any goalie. Even at a recreational level, a beginner or low level player can still get a hold of a shot by dumb luck, better to be safe then sorry in our opinion.
Now for the other type of mask construction – plastic injected masks. You will hear terms like polycarbonate or other fancy terms but the reality is these mask are built in a mold by plastic injection. There are claims of these shells being crack resistant or holding up better under hammer or puck shooting machine tests. These are actually true, a plastic injected mask generally will not crack; however the problem of shock transfer to the head is increased dramatically in our opinion. Plastic injected masks do not break – they bend, when it bends the impact is transferred back through the goalies head. This is our opinion and we feel this makes a very dangerous situation for a goalie has the impact transfers from the shell through the foam and onto the head. Also, when you squeeze the ear areas together, there is a huge amount of flex. If a larger player falls on a goalie, this can create a compression concussion. Sometimes at a youth or junior level, there may not be an option for a higher level mask so a goalie may have to choose a plastic injected mask. However at the senior sizes, there are plenty of safer options. Again these are our opinions about goalie masks and we feel confident that our customers are being given the proper information to make an educated decision on their head protection.