True L12.2 Lefevre Pro Goalie Leg Pads
True Hockey has entered the goalie category in a big way for 2021. True Hockey acquired the Lefevre goalie brand and for those that do not know the Lefevre name, here is a brief history. Lefevre has been a mainstay in the goalie industry for five decades with goalies like Patrick Roy wearing the iconic brand (labeled as Lefevre) in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s. Over the years the Lefevre name has been behind such brands as Koho, RBK, Reebok and CCM. In 2021, True Hockey partnered with Lefevre which has led to a large number of goalies wearing True gear in the NHL. Watch just about any NHL game and you have a pretty good chance of seeing an NHL goalie in the True gear.
The True/Lefevre gear is still hand made in Canada.
The L12.2 is a hybrid style pad in the True lineup. This set is the most used True version in the NHL and NCAA for 2021-2022. This is a very lightweight pad with a thinned out with the top of the pad built with higher density foams for optimal seal on the ice. The shin area of the pad is build with a more traditional design which allows for more flex for the hybrid style goalie. The boot of the L12.2 has the 90 degree angle which again provides the flex in the boot that the hybrid goalie wants.
The L12.2 pads were designed to maximize the benefits of having a superior boot flex, resulting in enhanced mobility and control for all different game situations. Patent-pending Fast Rotation System (FRS) located at the calf keeps the leg connected to the pad. FRS makes them incredibly responsive without compromising rotation when dropping to the ice.
Bungee Toe Tie: The True L12.2 pads comes stock with a bungee toe tie system. For years manufactures have used a skate lace to connect the toe of the pad to the toe of the skate. In recent years, after market bungee toe tie products have become very popular because they allow the toe of the pad to stretch from the toe of the skate with an elastic type effect. This stretching and recoiling improves the recovery process and creates more power pushes for the goalie. This toe system also takes pressure off the goalies ankles, knees and hips because it eliminates the quick stop and jerk process that skate lace has when it runs out of slack.
Boot Flex: 90 Degree Boot Flex
True L12.2 Pro Goalie Leg Pads Features:
- Model Year: 2021
- Made In Canada
- Seal To Ice: The top of the pad is made of high-density foam, which allows for a superior seal to the ice
- Boot Core: To enhance mobility and control in all different game situations. Optimal boot flexibility offers better support in the post, in reverse-VH position.
- Boot Angle – 90 Degree angle creates flexibility for power pushes.
- Knee Roll Design: A new, flatter knee roll design provides better rebound control in position.
- Inner strapping: Patent-pending Fast Rotation System (FRS) allows quick double strapping adjustment for the calf, offering better stability and balance.
- Knee Strap Option – Removable 2″ elastic knee for a custom fit.
- Boot Strap – Removable leather strap
- Custom Orders: 50% Deposit – 50% Due on completion
Custom Order Your True L87 Pro Goalie Leg Pads at Goalies Plus!
50% Deposit to place your order!
50% Balance due on completion of your order
Go to True’s web site: https://customizer.truetempergoalie.com and fill out the custom your custom colors and specs!
Email Goalies Plus at firstname.lastname@example.org with your custom number provided by True