Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Senior Goalie Catch Glove
New for 2023 is the Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Catch Glove. The design of the Velocity V10 Pro Carbon glove keeps the traditional 60 degree. There have been a few changes to the Velocity V10 compared to the Velocity V9.
This glove has a one-piece cuff design however it keeps the break internally on the V10 glove. This allows the goalie to have maximum surface area while maintaining wrist flexibility. The wrist flexibility is popular among goalies who stick handle with the pocket of the glove in a downward position. In this downward position the goalie needs a good bit of wrist movement to be able to properly play the puck. The Velocity V10 glove will use a wider and deeper split T with a U-shaped pocket in the V10 catch glove. At the base of the pocket there is a single t that splits into a double T the higher it goes in the pocket. The U-shaped design with the single T at the base allows the glove much more flexibility than a traditional glove with a double T going the entire way to the base of the pocket. As the pocket transitions from the single T at the base to the double T in the pocket, the glove becomes very soft and deep in the main catching area of the glove. The Velocity V10 Pro Carbon glove can be heat molded for a customized fit.
Vaughn will keep the thumb angle which is extremely popular among pro and college goalies. This angle is closely related to the 5500 glove and the first generation V1 glove (commonly referred to as the Kipper Spec). This angle has a more natural feel when closing the glove and seems to give better closure by changing the angle. The thumb mold on the Velocity V10 has been lengthen by a bit which again is more similar to the popular 5500 gloves. The overall profile of the glove has been thinned out which allows for greater flexibility off the shelf without compromising protection by using a Kevlar padding on the inner palm.
Another popular feature of the Velocity V10 catch glove is the Pure Composite foams in the palm. This carbon infused foam is lighter and holds is shape for a longer period of time compared to traditional high density pro HD foams. Along with the Pure Composite foam, Vaughn has added an extra layer of protection in the palm area for added protection. Vaughn also uses a carbon molded palm and thumb insert versus a pressed plastic palm and thumb insert. The reason this is important is because the molded design along with being carbon fiber will keep its shape for a much, much longer period of time compared to a pressed plastic. When shots constantly hit a catch glove, the pressed plastic glove loses its shape (particularly in the thumb area) and will become flat over time. This causes shots to bounce out of the glove instead of deflecting into the pocket. With the molded carbon fiber, the glove holds its shape and this does not happen.
Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Goalie Catch Glove Features:
- Model Year: 2023
- All new design and shape to maximize net coverage
- Made domestically in the USA
- New wider and deeper T-web design
- One-piece cuff and thumb
- Easy close design with deep pocket area
- Kevlar® padding on inner palm padding for greater protection
- VAS Shock Shield palm and thumb base padding reduces hand stingers
- Carbon molded palm and front thumb insert
- Deeper back thumb profile for added hand comfort
- Double layer reinforced finger perimeter edge
- Pure composite in palm 40% lighter than plastic
- Hex mesh inner lining for faster drying
- HD foam in back pad over fingers
- Finger tip deflecting rail with HD foams
- Carbon reinforced T-top for greater web stability
- Inner hand strap for retention and control
- Cuff with no binding maximizes blocking surface
- 45″ perimeter size
- 60 degree angle palm break with easy flex design
- Mesh finger stalls for comfort and heat dispersal
- Added padding in wrist strap for increased comfort
- Heat moldable for precise fit
- Regular – Glove goes on the left hand
- Full Right – Glove goes on the right hand
Custom Order Your Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Goalie Catch Glove at Goalies Plus!
50% Deposit to place your order!
50% Balance due on completion of your order
Go to vaughnhockey.com and fill your colors and specs on their customizer
Once you are finished with the Vaughn customizer, please provide us with the custom id number