Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Senior Goalie Leg Pads
The Vaughn Velocity is turning double digits this generation. No other equipment line has had the lasting sustainability of the Velocity series. Building off the extremely popular Velocity V9, the new Velocity V10 makes some changes that will continue to improve the Velocity pads. Staring with weight, the Velocity V10 has gotten lighter. A thinner outside panel and lower profile vertical roll reduce bulk and allow the V10 to be the lightest Velocity pad ever. The core of the Velocity V10 has also been stiffened a bit compared to the V9 core. Vaughn had switched out some of the LD foams to HD foams to achieve a stiffer core without losing the classic Velocity feel.
A new feature on the Velocity V10 pad is the knee landing area which is integrated into the core of the pad. Goalies who have used the V10 feel that this gives the Velocity V10 a much more responsive feel compared to past generations.
The strapping system of the Velocity V10 has been changed as well from the V9. The RRC strapping system has been thinned out to help eliminate any interference between the straps. There is also a new inner and outer option to lock into the shin area. The new inner option really locks the shin into the pad for goalies that want that tight fit. The traditional outer option will remain for goalies that liked the feel of the Velocity V9 shin area. The coverage around the back of the legs has also been extended.
Probably the biggest change will be in sizing. The Velocity V10 will have a flat boot channel. The flat boot channel raises the entire pad up so therefore goalies may notice they are in a different size compared to the Velocity V9.
The Vaughn Velocity V10 will continue to use the Quick Slide material on the inner edges and wear areas. The Quick Slide material has been a huge success with many believing this is the best slide material in the goalie market today. The Quick Slide material greatly increases side to side movement and makes bad third period ice feel like a fresh clean sheet of ice.
The bungee toe ties are also different for 2023. Gone are the plastic clip attachment toe ties which have been replaced by the more popular Velcro bungee attachment.
The Vaughn V10 Pro Carbon Goalie Leg pads are pro level pads, made for 5 to 7 uses per week.
Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Senior Goalie Leg Pads Features:
- Model Year: 2023
- Made domestically in the USA
- Firm internal core with HD side rails for greater pad stability
- Quick-slide material on inner pad edge
- Easy flex lower scoop design
- Integrated knee landing pad attached to inner core for immediate pad response
- Extended back leg coverage
- Lower profile outside roll with single break style
- Plus 2″ thigh-rise with square shaped inside edge
- Thinner outside panel profile for less bulk
- Pre-curved shape for precise shape
- Two-way adjustable knee cradle strap
- Knee cradle center for quick pad rotation and control
- Wider inner knee landing surface
- Three knee roll design with flat knee rolls
- Inner foam core with carbon surface reinforcement
- Pad shape maximizes full width top to bottom full 11″ width
- Outer knee cradle pad is adjustable or removable
- Reinforced instep with flat profile to facilitate skate movement during pad rotation
- Fully custom made with many options
Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Senior Goalie Catch Glove
New for 2023 is the Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Catch Glove. The design of the Velocity V10 Pro Carbon glove keeps the traditional 60 degree. There have been a few changes to the Velocity V10 compared to the Velocity V9.
This glove has a one-piece cuff design however it keeps the break internally on the V10 glove. This allows the goalie to have maximum surface area while maintaining wrist flexibility. The wrist flexibility is popular among goalies who stick handle with the pocket of the glove in a downward position. In this downward position the goalie needs a good bit of wrist movement to be able to properly play the puck. The Velocity V10 glove will use a wider and deeper split T with a U-shaped pocket in the V10 catch glove. At the base of the pocket there is a single t that splits into a double T the higher it goes in the pocket. The U-shaped design with the single T at the base allows the glove much more flexibility than a traditional glove with a double T going the entire way to the base of the pocket. As the pocket transitions from the single T at the base to the double T in the pocket, the glove becomes very soft and deep in the main catching area of the glove. The Velocity V9 Pro Carbon glove can be heat molded for a customized fit.
A deeper look into the Vaughn Velocity V9 Pro Carbon glove will show some new innovations for 2030. Starting with the thumb angle, Vaughn will keep the thumb angle which is extremely popular among pro and college goalies. This angle is closely related to the 5500 glove and the first generation V1 glove (commonly referred to as the Kipper Spec). This angle has a more natural feel when closing the glove and seems to give better closure by changing the angle. The thumb mold on the Velocity V10 has been lengthen by a bit which again is more similar to the popular 5500 gloves. The overall profile of the glove has been thinned out which allows for greater flexibility off the shelf without compromising protection by using a Kevlar padding on the inner palm.
Another popular feature of the Velocity V10 catch glove is the Pure Composite foams in the palm. This carbon infused foam is lighter and holds is shape for a longer period of time compared to traditional high density pro HD foams. Along with the Pure Composite foam, Vaughn has added an extra layer of protection in the palm area for added protection. Vaughn also uses a carbon molded palm and thumb insert versus a pressed plastic palm and thumb insert. The reason this is important is because the molded design along with being carbon fiber will keep its shape for a much, much longer period of time compared to a pressed plastic. When shots constantly hit a catch glove, the pressed plastic glove loses its shape (particularly in the thumb area) and will become flat over time. This causes shots to bounce out of the glove instead of deflecting into the pocket. With the molded carbon fiber, the glove holds its shape and this does not happen.
Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Goalie Catch Glove Features:
- Model Year: 2023
- All new design and shape to maximize net coverage
- Made domestically in the USA
- New wider and deeper T-web design
- One-piece cuff and thumb
- Easy close design with deep pocket area
- Kevlar® padding on inner palm padding for greater protection
- VAS Shock Shield palm and thumb base padding reduces hand stingers
- Carbon molded palm and front thumb insert
- Deeper back thumb profile for added hand comfort
- Double layer reinforced finger perimeter edge
- Pure composite in palm 40% lighter than plastic
- Hex mesh inner lining for faster drying
- HD foam in back pad over fingers
- Finger tip deflecting rail with HD foams
- Carbon reinforced T-top for greater web stability
- Inner hand strap for retention and control
- Cuff with no binding maximizes blocking surface
- 45″ perimeter size
- 60 degree angle palm break with easy flex design
- Mesh finger stalls for comfort and heat dispersal
- Added padding in wrist strap for increased comfort
- Heat moldable for precise fit
- Regular – Glove goes on the left hand
- Full Right – Glove goes on the right hand
Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Senior Goalie Blocker
New for 2023 is the Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Senior Blocker. The Velocity V10 Pro Carbon blocker takes up the maximum (8in. X 15in.) surface area under NHL, NCAA, USA Hockey, Hockey Canada and IIHF rules.
The Velocity V10 Pro Carbon goalie blocker is based on the popular Velocity V9 blocker with a few updates. Vaughn has widened the cuff the of the Velocity V10 Blocker to allow for great wrist mobility. A higher hand position will allow for more net coverage as it allows the bottom of the blocker to extend longer than previous generation Velocity blockers.
The Velocity V10 blocker also got rid of the contoured side wall of the V9 and replaced it with a flat side wall. The flat side wall provides more net coverage if a goalie turns their blocker hand over while making a save.
The Pure Composite material is a carbon infused foam will continue to be used on the V10 blocker which has a much more active rebound compared to other models. The Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Blocker can be used by both Hybrid and Butterfly style goalies because of the nature of the build.
The finger area provides an index finger trigger design which helps the goalie control the paddle of the goalie stick more effectively when they are in their ready position. The thumb of the Velocity V10 is a molded carbon design which ensures the thumb protection does not lose it shape over time.
Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Senior Goalie Blocker Features:
- Model Year: 2023
- Domestically built
- Pure Carbon reinforced front board for more precise puck deflection
- Deep board top bend for puck deflection
- Molded inner core foam board with 17MM thick HD for added rigidity
- Back hand cushion pad for comfort and protection
- Palm with index and small finger trigger design provides more comfort and grip
- Mesh palm gussets for ventilation
- Higher hand position creates added net coverage
- Finger protectors with HD foam protection and Carbon reinforcement
- Side index finger double layered protection
- Large solid side shield with carbon reinforcement
- Palm design for dexterity and stick control
- Carbon molded thumb insert
- Carbon insert on side shield for impact resistance
- Tapered bottom edge for tighter seal when down to the ice surface
- Floating cuff design increases wrist movement
- Regular – Blocker goes on the right hand
- Full Right – Blocker goes on the left hand
Custom Order Your Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Carbon Goalie Combo at Goalies Plus!
50% Deposit to place your order!
50% Balance due on completion of your order
Go to vaughnhockey.com and fill your colors and specs on their customizer
Once you are finished with the Vaughn customizer, please provide us with the custom id number