Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Intermediate Goalie Chest & Arm Protector
Vaughn V10 Chest Protector Style – Athletic Hybrid Style
New for 2023 is a completely redesigned Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Chest & Arm Protector. This is easily the best designed Velocity chest protector Vaughn has ever produced. The Velocity V10 combines what goalies loved about the older versions in terms of mobility with modern protection technology. The V10 Pro Chest & Arm Protector is a very mobile unit that goalies need in today’s game with the shoulder size the goalies want. The Shoulder floaters have a wide look but still with an overall profile tight to the goalie body. This allows for maximum coverage without any added bulk that may interfere with the goalie mask when a goalie turns their head. Another key area of coverage is the elbow floaters. The elbow floaters on the V10 have also been flattened and squared off to maximize coverage as well.
The neckline has been moved up on the Velocity V10 Pro Chest & Arm Protector. Some goalies have complained in the past that Vaughn chest protectors expose the collar bone. This has been addressed in the V10 and now sits higher. There is a vertical adjustment on the V10 the allows the goalie to move the neckline up or down based on their preference.
Also new is a longer belly pad length. The Velocity V10 will extend further past the belt line compared to past Vaughn chest protectors. This allows for better overlapping ability for a goalie who choose to wear their chest protector over their pants.
For overall protection, the Velocity V10 Pro Carbon uses high density HD foams in all major impact areas – including the neck piece. Full wrap around protection in the stomach and rib areas maximizes protection. The protection also covers the strapping clips to prevent any pucks breaking a clip during play. The bicep and forearm areas have been reinforced to eliminate the stinger issue in the arms that older Velocity chest protectors were known for. The arms have also added more protection around the back of the arm to eliminate any exposed area on the side of the arms. A large back plate that consists of high-density HD Foams protects the goalie’s spine.
Vaughn Velocity V10 Pro Intermediate Chest Protector Features:
- Model Year: 2023
- High density foams used for light weight and increased protection
- Chest design with longer front coverage with flex fap
- Extended side rib cage coverage
- Second shoulder cap extends into upper bicep area to increase coverage
- Flat profile arm caps increase coverage area
- Chest pad vertical adjustment system
- Large back pad with HD foam over spine area
- Large style shoulder floaters for maximum coverage
- Large shoulder cap provides increased impact resistance
- Back shoulder blade protection
- HD shoulder floaters with extended length and width for increased coverage area
- Designed to hold shoulder floaters square and secure
- High chest pad neck line design