The Vaughn Velocity V7 XF Pro Goalie Blocker is a pro level blocker. Recommended for ice hockey goalies who play 4 to 6 times per week.
Vaughn Velocity V7 XF Pro Goalie Blocker
New for 2016 is the Vaughn Velocity V7 XF Pro Goalie Blocker. Even though this blocker is in the high mid-level price range, we do consider it a pro blocker based on the quality and the ability to be custom ordered. Vaughn has two series of XF blockers – XF Pro Carbon and the XF Pro. This can be confusing but the key term is “carbon”. The XF Pro Carbon is the domestic made pro blocker and the XF Pro is the off-shore pro blocker.
The biggest difference between the XF Pro and the XF Pro Carbon blockers is the use of carbon on the blocker face and in the finger protection. The XF series stand for flexible and this is made for the hybrid style goalie. The Vaughn XF Pro blocker has a centered positioned palm placement which give the most balance feel. The quality of materials between the XF Pro Carbon and the XF Pro are about 90% the same.
The XF Pro also uses reinforced finger protection. It is the opinion of many that Vaughn has the best finger protection design in the goalie market today. A reinforced palm gives this pro blocker the durability needed to take the abuse of everyday action. The Velocity V7 XF Pro blocker also has a binding less face that creates the largest possible surface area on the blocker.
This is a custom orderable product, Goalies Plus can place your custom order with just a 50% deposit and the rest due on delivery. Please see our customizer to fill out your colors and specs.
Vaughn Velocity V7 XF Pro Goalie Blocker Features
- Pro Spec Sizing
- Full coverage formed finger protectors with 3mm thick carbon fiber inserts for increased protection
- No binding front blocking board to maximize net coverage
- Ultra high-density internal foam core for lightweight and stiffness
- Beveled bottom edge for paddle down movement
- Large index finger double layered protection with carbon fiber inserts
- Backhand cushion padding to reduce impact
- Floating articulated cuff design for superior wrist movement
- Side wrist air cushion pad
- Large finger protectors with dual layered inner index finger guards
- Adjustable wrist strap with Velcro closure
- Pre-curved palm fingers for improved grip
- Palm features vented side gussets and grip textured overlay
- New graphic with split face design for more color zone options
Buying a Pro Blocker Vs. Mid Level Blocker
As we compare differences in gear levels, we explain whether you need to spend a little more or where you can save a few dollars. A pro blocker is built with the highest level of material and developed with the utmost care in construction. The palm is the one area that you generally see wear issues with a blocker. For any goalies that use a lot of tape, particularly where the goalie holds the stick in their ready position, they are likely to see a lot of palm issues. In contrast, goalies that do not use tape in this location do not see significant palm issues.
In addition, the materials used in the pro palm prevent premature wear in the binding area. There are no added safety concerns between a pro level blocker and a high mid-level blocker. If you need to spend your money wisely, the blocker is where we recommended going down a level to do so. Even with a little extra wear, the price of a high mid-level blocker is almost half of a pro level blocker.