Vaughn Ventus SLR2-ST Junior Goalie Catch Glove – Limited Edition
Now available at Goalies Plus is the Vaughn Ventus SLR2 Limited Edition series. There are three custom color ways – Black/White/Orange, White/Black & White/Navy/Silver These color ways can only be found at Goalies Plus.
The SLR2-ST glove is slightly different from the SLR2 because the ST glove has a single (solid) cuff design compared to the double (split) cuff the has been on the original SLR and the SLR2 models. In terms of durabilty and strength, we feel that the one piece glove does offer better durability and a stronger cuff in general. The fit of this glove is closest to a 75 degree break angle (or 600 break by CCM terms). The Ventus SLR2 glove is also a heat moldable glove and we strongly recommend heat fitting the SLR2-ST gloves as it makes a big difference in feel and closure. The Ventus SLR2-ST continues to use the extra deep single T design however it is wider and deeper then the original SLR glove. Another great feature of the SLR2-ST glove is the flared wrist design with generous open cuff. Some goalies have issues getting their gloves on properly because of the chest & arm protectors can interfere at the wrist area. With this open and flared design, there is more space for everything to fit properly and plenty of room for the arms to tuck into the glove.
Vaughn Ventus SLR2-ST Pro Senior Catch Glove Features:
- Model Year: 2021
- Three Limited Edition Colors – Black/White/Orange, White/Black & White/Navy/Silver
- New ST model has large solid thumb format front catch profile for greater net coverage
- Front design has extra wide open pocket area
- Wider and extra deep single bar T-web pocket
- Molded palm provides increased protection and superior glove shape
- Increased palm padding
- Neoprene flex inner hand for glove control
- Reinforced finger edge perimeter
- Positive grip inner hand base
- Padded wrist strap with increased adjustment
- Internal added wrist padding
- Fingertip deflecting rail
- Flared back cuff for increased wrist movement
- Large 39.5″ perimeter dimension
- Heat moldable for custom fit and quicker break-in
- Regular – Glove goes on left hand
- Full Right – Glove goes on right hand
Differences between Ventus SLR2 & Velocity VE8 Junior & Intermediate Series:
Some of the main differences between the SLR2 lines and the VE8 lines: One of the main differences is the size at the junior and intermediate levels. The SLR2 series are made to be larger then the VE8 models. If you are looking for a larger junior or intermediate size, the SLR2 is the way to go. If you are looking for a smaller junior or intermediate glove, the VE8 would be the way to go.