Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Carbon Goalie Catch Glove
New for 2022 is a redesigned SLR3 goalie catch glove. The Vaughn SLR2 was a very good goalie catch glove but had a unique feel off the shelf. Once heat molded, it took its shape much better however most goalies didn’t get to that point. The SLR3 has a much more classic Vaughn feel right out of the box with a more balanced feel then previous generations. The SLR3 Pro Carbon glove is still heat moldable. This glove will also be the lightest catch glove in the Vaughn line currently.
The Ventus SLR3 Pro Carbon glove will come with a one piece cuff design that adds rigidity to the blocking area of the glove. On the back side of the cuff, Vaugh flared the glove design which allows for wrist mobility. Vaughn also moved the padded wrist strap on the back of the hand closer to the hand which again allows for maximum wrist mobility.
In the palm area, the SLR3 has an additional raised foam called Shock Shield which allows the glove to be broken in more naturally while having a reinforced protection in the palm. Vaughn also uses a carbon fiber molded palm instead of a plastic molded palm on the SLR3 Pro Carbon glove. Carbon fiber can take much more abuse then a plastic mold. A traditional plastic molded palm will start to flatten out over time from shots to the palm, which then gives the glove a very odd look and feel. By using carbon fiber, the mold doesn’t change over time. There is also an inner layer of Kevlar in the palm for added protection.
The internal portion of the Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Carbon glove has an Antimicrobial treatment. The pack of the glove has high density HD foams to protect the back of the hand. A reinforced perimeter allows the glove to keep its original shape over time.
On the stock versions of the SLR3 Pro Carbon, the glove will come with a single t design. However on the Goalies Plus models, they will come standard with a double t pocket.
Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Carbon Catch Glove Features:
- Domestically made in the USA
- Stock gloves – Single t design | Goalies Plus Stock – Double t design
- Extremely light weight and durable construction
- Balanced design gives lighter feel
- No eyelets on perimeter
- Shock shield foam in palm
- Kevlar® palm padding reinforcement
- Pre-formed palm break
- Glove base interior with Antimicrobial treatment
- Carbon fiber molded palm
- Reinforced finger perimeter edge
- Wrist strap positioned closer to hand gives more wrist flex
- Padded wrist strap for glove security and control
- Open front shape increases coverage area
- Carbon back thumb adds glove stiffness and support
- Wide span T-web for larger catching surface
- Skate lace in T-web reduces puck spin
- Pure Carbon reinforced T-web top for increased stability
- Back hand padding with HD over fingers
- HD fingertip deflecting rail
- Wide notch at heel of hand improves stick control
- Heat moldable for custom fit and quicker break-in
- Full Pro construction with 45″ perimeter
- Regular – Glove goes on left hand
- Full Right – Glove goes on right hand
Custom Order Your Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Carbon Goalie Glove at Goalies Plus!
- 50% Deposit to place your order!
- 50% Balance due on completion of your order
- Go to vaughnhockey.com and fill your colors and specs on their customizer
- Once you are finished with the Vaughn customizer, please provide us with the custom id number