Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Carbon Senior Goalie Leg Pads
New for 2022 is the third generation of the popular Ventus SLR line from Vaughn. The Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Carbon line was designed based on the advice of NHL and NCAA goalies and their experiences with the SLR2 gear. These goalies are generally taller and want a stiffer type of pad for increased blocking surface. Goalies such as Darcy Kuemper and Tristian Jarry are great examples of goalies who prefer the new Ventus SLR3 pads. (For goalies under six feet tall or goalies that want a softer design, Goalies Plus can custom order this type of construction). A stiffer upper profile with one break below the knee combined with a softer boot break allows these goalie to perform at the top of their game. The SLR2 was considered a bit too soft for the taller goalies (six feet tall and above) so the SLR3 Pro Carbon pads have been stiffened to accommodate these types of goalies. Vaughn will also be using the Pure Composite core material in the Ventus SLR3 Pro Carbon Leg Pads.
Some of the new features is the SLR3 Pro Carbon pads are a stiffer section from the bottom of the knee break to the top with more of an L-Shape profile as apposed to an S-Shape profile design. In the shin area of the Ventus SLR3 leg pads, the use of the Pure Composite core combined with a carbon fiber layer provide the most explosive rebounds Vaughn has ever produced. Pure composite is also used on the inner edges for a firmer perimeter. The vertical roll (outer roll) is now a triangular design which eliminates weight and increases rebound control. A softer boot flex allow for maximum ankle mobility when the goalie is utilizing various butterfly techniques. The back of the pad has also been changed for 2022. The Ventus SLR3 leg pads will have a more complete wrap around protection compared to previous generations. This pad will provide the most protection to this area possible. The leg channel of the SLR3 has also been widened for 2022. The Ventus SLR3 will continue to use the extremely popular Quick Slide on the inner edge surfaces. Quick Slide is considered by many goalies to be the fastest sliding material in the hockey industry today. Vaughn will continue to use bungee toe ties which allow the toe of the pad to stretch from the toe of the skate with an elastic type effect. This stretching and recoiling improves the recovery process of a goalie but also takes pressure off the goalies ankles, knees and hips because it eliminates the quick stop and jerk process that skate lace has when it runs out of slack.
Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Carbon Senior Leg Pads Features:
- Model Year: 2022
- Full Pro core internal structure
- Flat inner edge for added control
- Pure Composite core construction
- Solid vertical roll with no break (break can be custom ordered)
- Beveled vertical roll profile
- Balance stabilizer inside edge design
- Inner knee insert built with Pure Composite for increased stability
- Bungee cord toe attachment
- Open knee cradle for added pad rotation
- Pre-shaped upper profile for improved 5 hole closure
- Rotation control strap with magnetic buckle
- Wider leg cradle for more support in butterfly position
- Flexible scoop angle for increased foot/ankle range of motion
- Quick slide inner edge material for quick pad movement on the ice
- Made domestically in the USA
Custom Order Your Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Carbon Goalie Leg Pads at Goalies Plus!
- 50% Deposit to place your order!
- 50% Balance due on completion of your order
- Email email@example.com for spec sheets