Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Senior Goalie Leg Pads – Special Edition
New for 2022 is the third generation of the popular Ventus SLR line from Vaughn. Goalies Plus will provide our customer base another Special Edition version of the Ventus SLR line. Before we get started on the Special Edition specs, we would like to explain some differences between the SLR3 Pro and the SLR3 Pro Carbon. The SLR3 Pro has a softer core with a more defined s-shape then the SLR3 Pro Carbon. The SLR3 Pro Carbon has a stiffer L-Shape to the pads. The Ventus SLR3 Pro Senior is a much more forgiving pad for the goalie with a normal width butterfly (the SLR3 Pro Carbon is for a goalie with a wider butterfly). The Ventus SLR3 will be more similar to the SLR2 pad which has done extremely well over the past two years. It is important not to confuse the specs and stiffness of the SLR3 Pro Carbon vs. the SLR3 Pro Senior Leg Pads.
As for the SLR3 Special Edition offerings, Goalies Plus will have in stock special colors. We choose to use Quick Slide on the face of the pad to give it a very unique look. We will be offering five unique colors for the Ventus SLR3 line. Along with these special colors that are unique to Goalies Plus, we have added a few spec changes. The first and most notable spec change was adding a break on the vertical roll (outer roll) below the knee. This break along with the pre-molded shape of the SLR3 goalie pad allows the pad to flex more in the butterfly position. This is crucial for a goalie with a narrow to medium width butterfly. If the pad is too stiff, the pad will not seal in the butterfly technique and the five hole will always be exposed. This added break allows the pad to naturally roll around the goalie’s knees and seal the thigh rise together in the butterfly position.
Another great thing about the added break on the vertical roll is the added lateral flex of the pad. This provides the goalie more mobility when moving around the crease and recovery from butterfly techniques. We have always felt that for a majority of goalies, it is better to have the extra flex and mobility in a goalie pad (it is better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it). However, the added flex does not compromise the performance of the pad as it still incorporates the high density foams that allow the pads to function at a high level.
Another spec change on our Special Edition version is a leather boot strap. We felt that the elastic boot strap had two flaws based on our constant feedback. Number one was the elastic boot strap doesn’t lock the pad in place the way goalies who prefer boot straps would like. There is no denying many goalies are going away from boot straps, however the ones that still use them want the pad to be held firmly in place. If you do not want a boot strap, you can simply cut the strap off with scissors.
The last spec change was relatively minor. We choose to use a skate lace toe tie strap instead of the Vaughn bungee system. This was not because we do not like bungee systems, it just seemed that many goalies didn’t like the Vaughn style and wanted either skate lace or an after market bungee toe tie kit.
Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Senior Special Edition Leg Pads Features:
- Model Year: 2022
- Special Edition Spec: Five unique colors
- Special Edition Spec: Single break vertical roll
- Special Edition Spec: Leather boot strap
- Special Edition Spec: Skate lace toe strap
- Pro-core internal structure
- Balance stabilizer inside knee design
- Solid outside roll with beveled puck deflecting shape
- Flat inner edge with higher density foam
- HD foam internal core front panel for superior performance
- Flat front blocking surface with firm construction
- Quick slide inner edge
- Rebound positive internal foams
- Flexible scoop for increased mobility
- Wide knee cradle with angled adjustable strap
- Wider leg cradle design speeds pad rotation
- Deeper inner knee side panel for added balance and coverage
- Firm front pad surface for more active puck response
- Tapered outer edge on knee cradle for added pad rotation
- Rotation control strap
- Top thigh rise creates increased blocking surface
- Very light weight
- Pre-shaped pad structure for precision fit
Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Senior Goalie Catch Glove – Special Edition
Now available at Goalies Plus is the Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Special Edition series. There are five custom color ways – Black/White/Orange; White, Red & Black; White, Navy Blue & Sport Gold; All Black; Royal Blue, White & Red. We have incorporated the Quick Slide material onto the face of the gloves to give the Special Edition versions a much more unique look.
New for 2022 is the Ventus SLR3 goalie catch glove. Compared to past generations for Ventus SLR gloves, we feel that the SLR3 is more broken in off the shelf. We also feel that along with easier closure off the shelf, the SLR3 opens wider than past generations which creates more blocking surface area, The SLR3 glove fit is closest to a 75-degree break angle (or 600 break by CCM terms). The Ventus SLR3 glove is also a heat moldable glove and we strongly recommend heat fitting the Ventus gloves as it makes a big difference in feel and closure. The Ventus SLR3 catch glove continues to use the extra deep single T design however it is wider and deeper than previous generation SLR gloves. Goalies Plus uses a skate lace pocket on our Special Edition gloves for increased flex and puck catching forgiveness.
Another great feature of the Ventus SLR3 gloves is the flared wrist design with generous open cuff. Some goalies have issues getting their gloves on properly because of the chest & arm protectors can interfere at the wrist area. With this open and flared design, there is more space for everything to fit properly and plenty of room for the arms to tuck into the glove.
Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Senior Catch Glove Features:
- Model Year: 2022
- Special Edition: Five unique color schemes
- Special Edition: Skate lace pocket
- Large solid thumb style for greater surface area and net coverage
- Front design has extra wide-open pocket area
- Wider and extra deep single bar T-web pocket
- Molded palm provides increased protection and superior glove shape
- Increased palm padding
- Neoprene flex inner hand for glove control
- Reinforced finger edge perimeter
- Positive grip inner hand base
- Padded wrist strap with increased adjustment
- Internal added wrist padding
- Fingertip deflecting rail
- Full Pro construction with 45″ perimeter
- Flared back cuff for increased wrist movement
- Heat moldable for custom fit and quicker break-in
- Regular – Glove goes on left hand
- Full Right – Glove goes on right hand
Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Senior Goalie Blocker- Special Edition
Now available at Goalies Plus is the Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Special Edition series. There are five custom color ways – Black/White/Orange; White, Red & Black; White, Navy Blue & Sport Gold; All Black; Royal Blue, White & Red. We have incorporated the Quick Slide material onto the face of the blocker to give the Special Edition versions a much more unique look.
New for 2022 is the Vaughn Ventus SLR Pro Senior goalie blocker. The Ventus SLR3 blocker features many of the specs that the majority of goalies prefer. This blocker can be used by either a hybrid or butterfly style goalie. The high-density foams used in the SLR3 blocker make it extremely light weight and well balanced. With a large bindingless surface, the SLR3 takes up the maximum allowed surface area under NHL, NCAA, USA Hockey, Hockey Canada and IIHF rules. The Vaughn Ventus SLR3 blocker is structured to take away the shooting angle and provide optimum rebound control. The new finger area provides an index finger trigger design which helps the goalie control the paddle of the goalie stick more effectively when they are in their ready position. Vaughn designed the SLR3 blocker with a wide wrist opening to enhance puck control when stick handling. The neoprene flex inner hand allows for more feel comfort and protection.
Vaughn Ventus SLR3 Pro Senior Blocker Features:
- Model Year: 2022
- Special Edition: Five unique color schemes
- High-density internal foam blocking board for lightweight
- Ergonomically shaped palm with cushion padding to reduce vibration
- Tapered bottom board
- Large wrist opening with flex cuff
- Side shield with super high-density insert
- Thumb cushioning pad reduces impact
- Full molded finger protectors with wraparound design
- Quick slide lower board for less drag on ice
- Side shield overlaps front board to add extra stiffness
- New palm overlay is hydrophobic to repel moisture, and increase stick feel
- Extra stiff surface provides precision puck placement
- No binding construction effectively increases usable blocking space
- Adjustable wrist strap
- Large top board flare for puck deflecting
- Double layered palm for durability
- Large two-piece finger protectors
- Full pro construction with 15” x 8” blocking board
- Regular – Blocker goes on the right hand
- Full Right – Blocker goes on the left hand