Vaughn Velocity V9 Pro Carbon Goalie Leg Pads – Double Break
The new Vaughn Velocity V9 goalie leg pads are not your parents Velocity leg pads, they are a highly technical goal pad with the newest technology on the market today. Some may look at the series number V9, meaning this is the ninth installment of the Velocity series and think this is just the same old pad with a new graphic. In some years that may have had some validity but not the Velocity V9, this pad is pushing the envelope of technology. Starting with a whole new Carbon Core, the Velocity V9 now has a carbon infused foam that is unique to Vaughn Custom Sports. This Carbon Core makes the pad extremely light and provides a very active rebound response, much more active then previous generation Velocity pads. The Carbon Core creates a rebound almost identical to the very stiff “butterfly” style pads. One of the great things that Vaughn was able to do with the V9 was maintain the hybrid feel that a Velocity has become known for. The way they were able to balance the hybrid feel with the active rebounding properties was through the thickness (or profile) of the core. This created a thinner profile pad which again eliminates weight and also takes away the bulkiness of the pad. The vertical roll on the V9 has also been thinned out for 2020.
So what does the double break feature really mean? Well we will start from the beginning, the Vaughn Velocity has always been the bench mark for hybrid goalie pads in the hockey industry. Starting with the original Vaughn Velocity line back in the early 2000’s through the Velocity V7’s, the Velocity has always been a double break pad (double break defined as a break in the vertical roll above and below the knee). At Goalies Plus we felt is was necessary to offer this option because of the functional aspect the double break provides. It is our opinion that when a goalie is selecting a Velocity goal pad, they are choosing it because it has softer, more flexible feel which a hybrid goalie prefers. The softer and flexible feel allows the pad to flex more as the goalie moves in and out of a variety of movements and techniques.
Some other new features on the Velocity V9 leg pads are the addition of Quick Slide material on all stock models. The Quick Slide material was a huge success on the Vaughn Ventus SLR2 goalie leg pads and is now a stock option on the Velocity V9. The Quick Slide material greatly increases side to side movement and makes bad third period ice feel like a fresh clean sheet of ice. Vaughn has also widened the leg channel of the Velocity V9 and extended the wrap around protection on the back of the legs. The knee landing area on the Velocity V9 has been lengthened. This helps provide a second level of coverage in the butterfly position and is especially helpful for shots that squeeze through the thigh rise while making a save using the butterfly technique. The lengthened blocks seal nicely behind the thigh rise and seal up these types of situations.
There may be a little confusion between the Velocity V9 Pro Carbon Leg Pads and the Velocity V9 Pro Leg Pads (the word carbon is not present in the second version). The V9 Pro Carbon Pad is the domestic pro version with the new Carbon Core and an added layer of carbon fiber in the face of the pad. The Velocity V9 Pro is built off-shore and uses a traditional Pro HD foam and does not have the extra layer of carbon fiber in the face of the pad.
The Velocity has been the number one pad choice for the hybrid or athletic style goalie for twenty years. The new V9 keeps with that tradition while adding new technology to keep pace with the younger generation of goalies looking for new technology.
The Vaughn V9 Pro Carbon Goalie Leg pads are pro level pads, made for 5 to 7 uses per week.
Vaughn Velocity V9 Pro Carbon Goalie Leg Pads Features:
- Model Year: 2020
- Made domestically in the USA
- All new design for 2020
- Single break outside roll (Double break can be custom ordered)
- Firmer front surface gives more active rebounds
- Quick Slide material on inner edge of the pads
- Bottom trim also comes with quick slide material
- Lower skate strap with elastic and velcro closure (leather strap can be used on custom orders)
- Wide inner leg cradle with wider shape
- Extended back of the leg coverage
- Lower profile vertical roll with single break stock (No break or double break can be custom ordered)
- Standard plus 2 sizing on stock (custom sizing can be custom ordered)
- Pre-curved shape for five hole coverage
- Two way adjustable knee cradle strap
- Wider inner knee landing surface for increased butterfly seal
- Classic three roll knee design
- Inner foam core features the new Pure Carbon core
- Pure Carbon core produces more active rebounds
- Outer knee cradle pad is adjustable or fully removable
- Reinforced instep over the skate area
- Full 11″ width
Custom Order Your Vaughn Velocity V9 Pro Carbon Goalie Leg Pads at Goalies Plus!
- 50% Deposit to place your order!
- 50% Balance due on completion of your order
- Download the Custom Order Form