Vaughn Velocity V9 Pro Carbon Senior Goalie Catch Glove
New for 2020 is the Vaughn Velocity V9 Pro Carbon Catch Glove. The design of the Velocity V9 Pro Carbon glove keeps the traditional 60 degree. This glove has a two piece cuff design that allows the goalie maximum wrist flexibility which is a popular feature among goalies who stick handle with the pocket of the glove in a downward position. In this downward position the goalie needs a good bit of wrist movement to be able to properly play the puck. The Velocity V9 glove has the split T with a U shaped pocket. At the base of the pocket there is a single t that splits into a double T the higher it goes in the pocket. The U shaped design with the single T at the base allows the glove much more flexibility then a traditional glove with a double T going the entire way to the base of the pocket. As the pocket transitions from the single T at the base to the double T in the pocket, the glove becomes very soft and deep in the main catching area of the glove. The Velocity V9 Pro Carbon glove can be heat molded for a customized fit.
A deeper look into the Vaughn Velocity V9 Pro Carbon glove will show some new innovations for 2020. Starting with the thumb angle, Vaughn has changed the thumb angle a bit to feel like their more traditional gloves – particularly the 5500 and the first generation V1 glove (commonly referred to as the Kipper Spec). This angle has a more natural feel when closing the glove and seems to give better closure by changing the angle. Another new feature for 2020 is the addition of the Pure Composite foams. This carbon infused foam is lighter and holds is shape for a longer period of time compared to traditional high density pro HD foams. Along with the Pure Composite foam, Vaughn has added an extra layer of protection in the palm area for added protection. Vaughn also uses a carbon molded palm and thumb insert versus a pressed plastic palm and thumb insert. The reason this is important is because the molded design along with being carbon fiber will keep its shape for a much, much longer period of time compared to a pressed plastic. When shots constantly hit a catch glove, the pressed plastic glove loses its shape (particularly in the thumb area) and will become flat over time. This causes shots to bounce out of the glove instead of deflecting into the pocket. With the molded carbon fiber, the glove holds its shape and this does not happen.
Vaughn Velocity V9 Pro Carbon Goalie Catch Glove Features:
- Model Year: 2020
- New V9 Graphic
- VAS Shock Shield palm and thumb base padding
- New Pure Composite used for increased performance
- Two-piece cuff and front design
- Carbon molded palm and front thumb insert
- Defined break point for easy closing
- Reinforced finger perimeter edge
- New pure composite used for increased performance
- Floating cuff design for added wrist movement
- Hex mesh inner lining for faster drying
- HD Foam in the back finger area for added protection to the backhand
- Finer tip deflecting rail with HD Foams
- True Pro Spec construction
- Carbon reinforced T
- Deep back thumb molds add stability and comfort
- 45” max perimeter size
- Cuff with no binding maximizes blocking surface
- Neoprene inner hand control
- Four section backhand padding for extra flexibility
- Internal grip rail on inside palm for more closing grip
- Mesh finger stalls for comfort and heat dispersal
- Full wrist strap allows for tighter adjustment
- Added padding in wrist strap for increased comfort
- Heat moldable for custom fit and quick break-in
- Made domestically in the USA
- Regular – Glove goes on the left hand
- Full Right – Glove goes on the right hand
Vaughn Velocity Gloves – V9 vs. V9 XP
When most goalies think of the Vaughn Velocity series, they automatically think of a hybrid style goalie like Jonathan Quick or Tuuka Rask. Although this is very much the case, Vaughn does offer two versions of the Velocity V9 glove that could be used by a hybrid or butterfly style goalie. With the two different Velocity V9 gloves, one has one piece cuff/thumb and one with a two piece cuff with two different break positions. This gives the goalie the option on the type of closure they want and the stiffness of the cuff. The V9 Pro has the traditional Vaughn 60 degree break with a two piece cuff design and a game ready thickness palm. For goalies that like the traditional feel of a Vaughn glove (example being a 5500) and wants/needs more wrist movement, this is the version that would best suit this goalie. The second version of the Velocity Glove is the V9 XP. The V9 XP an entirely differnt design for Vaughn, it has a 75 degree break in the hand (which is commonly seen in the Reebok/CCM Premier series). The palm on the glove also has an added layer of foam on the outer portion of the glove for extra protection. The Velocity V9 XP also has a one piece cuff design that is popular among blocking (butterfly) style goalies because it adds rigidity to the cuff area. Both of the new Velocity V9 gloves use the same new split T with a U shape pocket design that allows for a deep pocket and increased overall flexibility.
Custom Order Your Vaughn Velocity V9 Pro Carbon Goalie Glove at Goalies Plus!
- 50% Deposit to place your order!
- 50% Balance due on completion of your order
- Download the Custom Order Form